I remember, it was in my childhood
when I took this decision,
to hold myself to a high standard
and a higher expectation.
I then became my master
and the motivator,
I gave myself tough goals
and then the courage to achieve them.
I always knew I was a free bird
And, I found my supporting World
I betrayed and I was betrayed
I am responsible for the mistakes I made…
No, I am not self-obsessed.
No, I am not self-centered.
No, I am not a narcissist.
I though, am an optimist.
No, I don’t think I am the center of Universe,
I though, am confident, clear & liberal
I know that the oyster I picked contains a beautiful pearl.
Note: This was first appeared on Yourstory.
Can we figure out why some people make the choices in life that they do? Not really. Because we don’t know what goes inside them. Because we don’t know their wounds and what hurt them.
Well, ‘Dear Zindagi’ is a film about real people. Real people, the ones who are not perfect. The ones who have flaws and can be impulsive, break down, insincere, vulnerable yet loving and ingenuous.
‘Dear Zindagi’ revolves around Kaira (Alia Bhatt), the budding cinematographer who is good at her work. She wants to be recognized for her talent and not because someone finds her hot. She looks confident but she has insecurities and thus her love life gets complicated. Finally confused Kaira seeks professional help from an unconventional therapist, Dr. Jehangir Khan (Shahrukh Khan).
Here are the reasons of why should you watch Dear Zindagi..
- It is not a typical Bollywood movie. The movie tries to put emphasis on the importance of mental health in the lightest and simplest manner.
- His Gorgeousness Shahrukh Khan is in a very sober role and plays his age. Still he is looking so very hot.. when he is fixing the bicycles.. when he is sitting on the chair cross-legged, when he is listening to his patient so calmly, when he is playing with the waves on the beach… 😀
- For the discussions that are witty and insightful.. For the lessons like playing with waves is not a game but life itself .. and beautiful dialogues like, o Don’t let the past blackmail the present to spoil a beautiful future o Genius is about knowing when to stop
- The movie doesn’t judge Kaira or the men in her life. It simply tells that Kaira is messed-up.
- And then the movie also tells why is she messed-up. There is a backstory to it. And when I watched it, I felt like getting the answer to why some people make the choices that they do. And, any real person in life can be messed-up. It’s not that a big deal.
- Last but not the least, watch this movie for one of the best performances of Alia Bhatt. She played all the emotions very well.
Why you shouldn’t watch this movie
- If emotions hurt you
- If you have the habit of finding logic in every small thing. For example, Dr. Jehangir Khan tells about his state of profession while addressing quite mature audience in the hotel.
- If you think expressionless jokes from Alia won’t make you smile
- Last but not the least, if you usually disapprove any movie just because you find it cool to say that you don’t like SRK.. 😀
Overall it’s a good watch. I loved SRK in the film and without Alia Bhatt this movie couldn’t have been what it is..
Its 12:35 AM, 8th Feb 2016.
Goodbye 27, Hi 28! Only two years short of turning 30.
- Professional Goals
Got a decent growth which made the efforts put in career worth it. #FirstTimeHOD (Number 1 goal achieved. What next? Saving this for another post.)
- Personal Goals
a) Lost weight then gained weight – End result is I failed here.
Need to start again from scratch.
b) I understood it’s Ok not to fight every battle. How did it help? It helped me save lot of my time and energy. I consciously started doing this and now I am aware from within. Hence passed this.
c) Family Goals – Managed to keep up with the title of a doting daughter,adorable daughter-in-law and a good wife for another year. No major crisis hence passed it all. Besides this I didn’t have anything major here considering a big change in career.
But I feel this is somehow the outcome of a big career change #FirstTimeHOD.
I am now a morning person. And also try & do 90% of the things on or before time.
Published highest number of posts (26) this year.
This number includes content posted on my blog, guest posts and LinkedIn Pulse.
My love for SEO knows no bound. And this love is growing every year. I am sure the way good things are happening at this end, the relationship is not one-sided. This Valentine’s Day I am going to Publicly Display Affection for my eternal love by customizing some quotes:
Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.
Romance is thinking about competition’s strategy, when you are supposed to be thinking about yours.
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
For it was not the number of links, but the quality. It was not the number one rank but traffic.
I do not want horses or diamonds – I am happy in possessing you.
I do not want off page or links – I am happy possessing UX.
I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
I’d rather have content and user experience than off page strategy.
When love is not madness, it is not love.
Pedro Calderon de la Barca
When SEO is not madness, it is not SEO.
While working on Valentine’s Day Gifting Project (Seasonal SEO), I came across this idea of creating customized quotes for something or someone you love or passionate about. Try this out for your passion of life. 🙂
Originally published on LinkedIn
|My First #BagOfJoy|
This all started when I saw a friend practicing this. She does this with her daughter to encourage her for sharing and helping others. And her six years daughter’s words,”Mumma, if everyone will share things, everyone will have everything” touched me.
|Selfie with #BagOfJoy|
Also invite your friends to participate and let the World become a better place for everyone.
Nicole Deinzer, a blogger from Oakland, California who believes it is okay to not to go down a “traditional path” and sometimes it’s better to build your own path.
- understanding their thoughts on my writing
- what topics they expect me to write about
As I opened Facebook today in the morning, a numerology article predicting the future caught my attention. Numerologist predicted the day based on numbers and recommended colors to wear.
I kept gazing the article and then turned to Google to find out messages based on color of flowers. This was a conscious search, a result of working in the Marketing team of a flower delivery portal. 🙂
I already knew some common interpretations like red rose signifies love while yellow signifies friendship. But suddenly I was wanting to know more on this.
Well, Google helped me in discovering many new and interesting things. I found that not just color but there is a beautiful concept coined as “language of flowers” based on color, type and number of flowers.
She once discovered that Turkish women play a game in harems called ‘Selam’. Selam was a language which could only be decoded by attaching rhyming words with flowers and other objects. Apparently the delivery of roses to a lady in the harem was like a secretly coded letter.
She was an intelligent woman and an incredible writer.
“For the flowers have their angels…For there is a language of flowers.For there is a sound reasoning upon all flowers.For elegant phrases are nothing but flowers.”
In Greek and Roman iconography, Red roses are symbolically tied to Venus, the Goddess of love. Red color is also a color of heart & blood. Poets have immortalized red roses as the flower of romance & passionate love.
Two Roses indicates two people joined as one. It says “marry me”. Two roses with their stem wired together signify a coming engagement or marriage.
Three Roses are considered as a traditional one month anniversary gift.
Six Roses symbolizes infatuation. It stood for the “need to be loved or cherished” or “I want to be yours”.
Twelve Roses says “be mine”. You can convey your message or propose your love by a perfect dozen of roses.
Fifty Roses are like sending a bouquet with so many roses to express a love with no bounds.
Hundred Roses represents an undying love. It signifies the long term love for hundred years or love until the death.
Three Sixty five Roses signifies constant and true love in terms of one rose for every day of the year. It says “I love you every single day” or “can’t stop thinking about you”.
- know which are the top IT companies (T,I,S) where Engineers get placed.
- also know that job stability is very important